E.on Next Not Taking DD Payments

Level 0
    I switched to E.on 11 Months ago and set up a monthly variable direct debit for payment. To date they have collected precisely 1 payment! I am advised that they have trouble reading my smart meters (SMETS1) and so I have been supplying my own readings monthly.
    I have emailed customer services asking for my payments to be regularised and have received assurances but still no payments taken. By now I must be a considerable sum in debit but as I also don't receive statements I have no idea of amount!
    Any advise on how this can be sorted would be most welcome. I hate being in debt!
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    If you get into your online account have you been billed even though the DD hasn’t been collected? It makes difference as to how and whether you actually need to do anything.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
  • Best Answer

Best Answer
    Hi @TonyGomm, just to understand better the situation, you set u the DD payments and you still haven't been billed or is the DD payments not reaching us at all ? Did you set it up online ? Have you double checked that there wasn't a typo while putting the details in ? If you have a couple of spare minutes it might be worth it to get in touch with our social media team or even through Whatsapp, to see if there was an issue/error on our end and see if we can fix it. Usually we can simply give you a phone call and reset it for you. Let us know how you get along.
    Level 91
    @Bennie_EONNext

The customer says no payments have been taken. The DD system works by the supplier initiating a demand for payment through the BACS system. IF no demand is made then no payment will result. One payment did work then no more. The problem likely lies with Eon Next. If they don't bill the customers at all will they then also not collect the DD?
    @meldrewreborn Although the system works through BACS, the DD set up is either made by phone or set up online due to GDPR. In these situations things can go wrong. I have asked those questions as in the past other customers had the similar issue and sometimes the problem lies with the bank that wouldn't allow us to collect the money. It depends on the bank account and security of that account. My thought is based on the fact that one payment was successful and others weren't. So this situation should be tackled from different angles. I am more than happy to explore all the options. The customer service can upload the account and they can check if the error lays with us or not.
    Level 91
    If a DD was initiated by Eon Next and it failed then it would be investigated to discover why that had happen and corrective action taken. It seems to me much more likely that the DD hasn’t been sought in subsequent months and the faltering lies within you company.