Not done a reading for a long time

Level 0
    I know it’s bad but before March I hadn’t done a meter reading for a long time, my meter is in a high cupboard which I can’t reach and to make it worse the wooden door lifts off so I only got a reading if I remember to ask people when they came. I pay monthly DD when I did a reading in March I was actually way behind their estimation and still am - not sure what to do.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 43
    Best Answer
    Hi @Genie17

You could contact Customer Services and ask them to do a review of your account, even if it's using estimated readings. Because you gave a reading back in March their estimated reading shouldn't be out by much. A review will give you a revised payment schedule if necessary.

Or you could just wait until they do a review of their own accord, then just provide a reading when you are able to.

As your last reading was only back in March I wouldn't worry too much about it, they could have revised your payments in your March bill. Comments on here suggest that contacting eon-next isn't as easy as it could be but contact them if you want some peace of mind.
    Last edited by Andy65; 17-07-22 at 19:43. Reason: Additional comment.
  • Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    If you have difficulty reading you meter a smart meter should solve matters. In the meantime explain to customer service the problem, request to go on the priority service list and get you meter read by a contractor.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.