The Whys and Why-nots of IHD World

Level 6
    Hi all, and especially hi to our helpers who perform a top quality job.

The "why" of IHD problems seems as interesting as the faults themselves, so with that in mind:

My IHD is no longer displaying current data since eight-ish days ago. I've tried the standard fixes including "wait for a week".

Setup:
    Gateway: MAX10Z
    Meter: Liberty 100 in SMETS1+ mode
    IHD: Chameleon SEDv3 Credit
    Gas: unsmart

I don't see the Gateway's HAN light flashing. The manual says it should flash when it's pairing but it doesn't do so when I switch on the IHD, nor on a flat battery charge, giving it a few minutes to pair.

The IHD's switch-on digits aren't showing current time; but I don't know what the three sets of digits do mean.

I appreciate that this may be "goodbye" time for the IHD, but it would be really good if resurrection were possible. The current-consumption (in Watts) screen has been so useful; not so interested in tariff-related data meself.

The most interesting aspect is "why"? What happened to make the IHD stop receiving data from the gateway? If it was caused by a mass firmwhere update, would that have affected thousands of other IHDs too? And would that then trigger a firmware revision?

That's probably more than enough questions.

All the best

MicroErgs
  • 1 Reply

Level 6
    Monday morning mystery: after about nine days of no data, the IHD is fully functioning now. If the resumption of service was due to an intervention then thank you!

I can't see that anything in the IHD's immediate environment has changed to bring it back to normalness; I left it in flat battery state all night, but I've done that before during this week of data loss. Ah well, happiness has returned.

MicroErgs