Smart meter is NOT smart!

Level 1
    My smart meter got installed in January the electric data has never pulled through in regards to tariff or how much it’s costing, we have reset as per faq advice and also called eon and we’re told to wait longer. Four months on still nothing!

I have now noticed it reports different amounts on my electric to how I read the meter. I have had refunds the past two months for my electric how ever i don’t believe it’s sending the correct info as I read the amount higher.

I am worried that this will correct itself after my fixed rate ends next month and I will be charged for the difference on the much higher variable rate.

I am not very happy. Please can someone help?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @sammikins

treat the in house display as an unreliable guide. The meters themselves hold the correct data. Clearly it’s not acceptable for it to take this long and I would make a formal complaint. If you are uncertain of how to read the meters post pictures and @theunknowntech will be able to guide you
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.