Extortionate Profit

View Tag Cloud
    Yes, so e.on was going to charge me 53p per kWh but due to government intervention they have capped it at 34p per kWh.

Who foots the bill for this in the long run though?

Yes, I had heard that the price had been capped but ultimately I am looking at the information that e.on has provided me personally.

My point still stands, with electricity prices continuing to go up, when will feed in tariffs be increased inline with these recent price hikes?
    Level 43
    @SnAkEs1210

The tax payer ultimately.

When will feed in tariffs be increased? Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't increased. Energy suppliers won't increase the tariff unless they're forced to. Ideally I would have thought the challenge of solar panels is to maximise their use in conjunction with batteries rather than feeding in.
    @SnAkEs1210

The tax payer ultimately.

When will feed in tariffs be increased? Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't increased. Energy suppliers won't increase the tariff unless they're forced to. Ideally I would have thought the challenge of solar panels is to maximise their use in conjunction with batteries rather than feeding in.

Yeah the batteries are about £12000 to buy and have installed. I know someone who has installed batteries and he says because the whole system is connected to the grid, the batteries themselves even drain back into the grid over night
    @Andy65

Yeah, go totally off grid and hope you generate and store enough power to carry you through 😆 I have no idea. Just what I was told by a guy at work.
    OK, so pre April EON were paying 5.5p per unit for seg and selling on that unit for upwards of 15p per unit depending on tariff. A healthy profit. Since April still paying 5.5p but selling on for at least 37p a unit. Extortionate one might think? Hey EON how about doubling the seg payment now that you have at least doubled our prices and the standing charges?

E.on will only offer me 3p per KWh of exported electricity as I didn't purchase my solar panels from them.

I am now in the process of switching to Octupus Energy. They are offering me 15p per KWh of exported electricity
    Last edited by SnAkEs1210; 10-10-22 at 10:43.
    Level 91
    @SnAkEs1210

That's the absolute correct path to take. Unfortunately inertia costs customers a fortune in this country. Even the price caps for energy were originally introduced because most customers didn't switch suppliers to gain better deals and were, at the time, effectively being overcharged.

Some people never learn.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @meldrewreborn

Yes, the amount of people that just carry on with the service they currently have, whether it be energy supplier, car insurance, broadband provider etc, is astonishing.

I will literally shop around everytime one of these services are due for renewal. Broadband has to be one of the worst for price hikes when out of contract and quite often nearly doubles in cost.

I would describe myself as a fairly loyal person however, when it comes to stuff like this, you will nearly always be out of pocket if you continue to be loyal to a particular company and you will notice the best deals are only available to new customers. Always shop around for the best deals, chances are you'll go back to the same company you are currently with in several years time when they decide you deserve a good deal on their products or services.
    OK, so pre April EON were paying 5.5p per unit for seg and selling on that unit for upwards of 15p per unit depending on tariff. A healthy profit. Since April still paying 5.5p but selling on for at least 37p a unit. Extortionate one might think? Hey EON how about doubling the seg payment now that you have at least doubled our prices and the standing charges?

I am currently in the process of swiching to Octopus Energy, they have also confirmed that they will be paying me 15p per kWh of electricity exported to the grid.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 05-11-22 at 16:04. Reason: Spam