About changing the algorithm that sets the Direct Debit.

Level 29
    @Landmark Rest assured, if there was a debit balance then they would want it paid ahead of the new contract or it would be added to your new DD.
    Do you know that is how the algorithm works🙄
    Furthermore; I wonder if the algorithm was set up to account for government subsidies like the £400 to be applied between October 2022 and March 2023 ❔
    Last edited by Landmark; 08-09-22 at 03:12. Reason: Add Furthermore to statement

Eon Next Customer

Level 91

Fair point. Must be the cynic in me… although nobody has corrected me on my assumption so far.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 43
    Furthermore; I wonder if the algorithm was set up to account for government subsidies like the £400 to be applied between October 2022 and March 2023 ❔

I don't know @Landmark but I would have thought that the algorithm almost certainly does not take account of the £400 subsidy, simply because it's not an additional payment to a customers account. Even if it was an additional credit they wouldn't change it, it would be pointless because of the unknown severity of the upcoming winter. It would just be rolled into next years annual account review.
    Level 91
    The government £400 will not form part of the calculation because it is not part of our prices. Existing debit or credit balances are added or subtracted in working out the anticipated 12 month liability, before the division by 12.
    the DD must be fair and reasonable- it’s part of the supplier’s licence.
    If the announcement today, September 8, effectively cap prices for 2 years then things will settle down.
    the biggest benefit of the cap will go to the largest users. Those are probably the same people who pay the largest amount of tax, who will pay for all this in the future. The baby boomers paid off the debt from WWII - it’s not a new situation.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    I have also emailed Eon next with the same query. Received an email straightaway asking for all my details only to get a reply saying he has limited resources and advise calling customer services. Did this to be put on hold for ages so thought I’d try the WhatsApp site. Still waiting for a reply. They said to look at the community site. How does this solve my DD issue?
    Level 91
    It clearly doesn’t. We would help advise if you gave us details. Both fix rand variable customers will require some adjustment of their direct debits this time, and it’s no surprise that customer services will be overwhelmed with queries.
    If you can do your own assessment of your DD, using the latest rates and your account balance, then you’ll be in a good place to discuss it. Patience is needed unless the issue is really urgent.