New Economy7 meter

How can I apply for an Economy7 meter please? I do not have a smart meter.
  • 5 Replies

Level 91
    @ChurchCott
    I think you have to contact your supplier because you'll need a new tariff as well. But make sure that you will benefit from the change, while nightime consumption is cheaper, daytime consumption is more expensive.
    Level 1
    Thanks Mildrewreborn. I have been trying since then to change to Economy7, my supplier is E.On Next. I have exchanged numerous emails with E.On, and the latest one today asks me yet again to offer 4 dates 30 working days ahead of today, so effectively forcing me to restart the waiting time again. Is there a reason why they will not fit a meter please?
    Level 91
    @ChurchCott

Of course there is a reason - but it may be local rather than national, relate to economy 7 rather than single rate metering, and your payment method may be a factor too. I'm just another customer, i don't have an "in" to Eon Next.

Personally I resort to complaints or direct action if a supplier's service falls short of the standards I expect - which is actually quite often! At least then your concern will be taken seriously and usually there is a higher authority that can consider the matter if it's not resolved earlier. It takes time but we get there in the end. If we don't complain about poor service, then poor service is what we will get for ever. With energy it used to be easy to switch suppliers - but switching is at historical lows at the moment. Now that prices will stabilise for 2 years perhaps switching to get the service you think important enough will return.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Thanks. I have a credit meter, so pay my bills monthly via BACS, and have continued to do so during this saga.

I have complained several times over the months, and have been offered a few pounds compensation a couple of times. Correctly booked installation dates have been "declined" shortly before the installation. Today I have been asked yet again to book yet more dates "30 working days ahead".

I have registered a new complaint in the correct form via Ofgen, and am part way through their statutory waiting period.

But ultimately, I simply want to be on the dual rate tariff before the winter. I do not know of any other direct action which I can take. Any suggestions would be very welcome!
    Level 91
    @ChurchCott

I would include the fact that Eon Next are denying you cheaper rates for your night-time energy. Make a sensible estimate of your night-time use and see if you can calculate something evidence based to put to Eon next as a compensation claim.