incorrect meter extimate

Level 1
    hello,
    i moved into my flat 27th of July and after many issues i was only able to the a photo of the meter september 19th. The estimate Eon gave for the 27th of July was 12268 however when i finally got my meter reading in september the reading was 13349. This would mean somehow in the summer (so no heating) and when only 1 person was living at the flat we were using 20 units a day. Since then we have used between using 2-5 units a day (5 in the winter). knowing this i really do think something must have been wrong with the estimates and i would hope this can be fixed as i am being asked to pay £700 for gas i really don't see how i could have used.
    Any help would be great and i will try to be quick to reply and provide any extra information.
    Thank you!
    Ella
  • 1 Reply

Community Team
    Hi @Ella welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your bill 😔 Do you not have a record of the meter reading from when you became responsible on 27th July? Or if you rent, do you know if the landlord or letting agency have a record of this?

Failing the above, we could look to re-estimate your opening reading based on your actual usage now that the property is occupied and we're receiving readings from you.

Pete 😊