Random Cheque Recieved

Level 1
    Hello all,

This morning I received a cheque from E-On Next for £60; with the following:

"Dear <My Name>

Please find below your cheque from us.

If you'd like to get in touch about this payment, you can email us at @hiteonnext.com or you can ring us weekdays 9am to 5pm on 0808 501 5200.

Sending positive energy,

Ed Tarelli"

Now, I've already attempted the phone line after checking it was legitimate on the official website (and wasted 20 minutes to boot - but hey, nature of the beast) to find out about this cheque, because I don't remember making a complaint or having issue with E-On in the past. Usually these sorts of cheques are proceeded with a letter explaining the reason for redress; so either that's been lost in the post (given how Royal Mail is at the moment, possible), or there's been a miscommunication somewhere.

Anyone able to clarify what's gone on?
  • 2 Replies

Head of Community
    Hi @Roffo

I wish I'd had a surprise £60 cheque this morning! But sorry it was so mysterious, and to hear you struggled to speak to anyone on the phone and that our website didn't give much more information - definitely going to feed that back.

It is a genuine cheque from us, I'll send you a Direct Message giving you the details of why as I don't want to discuss anything personal to your account in public. However, I can totally see why you weren't expecting it and have ended up confused - the letter that goes with it could certainly give you some information on this.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Level 15
    @Roffo wow a honest person good on you for not just excepting something you didn't think was exspected 👍