EON Next can't merge A/c's for smart meter installation

Level 1
    Good Morning,
    I have a standard credit meter for electic which i always leave £240 in credit and prepayment for gas.

We have been trying to get both accounts on a standard credit smart meter. Each time we call, there is a problem. Firstly, it was "we are not installing smart meters until January" then we got a letter a week later from them stating that they had not heard from us about our smart meter installation. This isn't true, i went on there website and again, i tried to register interest in having a smart meter. The page then shown the message that i had already registered interest.

After this i phoned them to say we are all ready to go! Their reply was we are not able to merge your gas and electricity and gas accounts into one at this time. But if i changed suppliers it would work. So i tried a workaround and asked if we could start againg with me being the new a/c holder? no. 😡

I would really like to be able pay for gas online with my partner being on immunesurpressants. I explained to the lady that i'll give it 3 months but it doesn't look promising from what i read on here.
  • 3 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hiya

Sorry to hear you've been given mixed messages about changing your prepayment meter. In general, we aren't changing prepayment meters over to credit meters at the moment, however there are some circumstances where we can still do this. Without checking your account it's tricky to say what's been looked at so far.

The quickest way to get support on this would be to direct message us on Facebook or Twitter as the team will be in throughout the Christmas period. If you'd prefer you can send me a direct message with your name, account number and address and I can take a look but I won't be around much over the next two weeks and wouldn't want me to be the reason you get a delayed answer!

Thanks

Hannah - Here to spread positive energy
    Level 1
    Thanks for your reply Hannah, i have just sent a message by facebook 👍
    Level 1
    I think we're 11 weeks in since we have tried to get our gas meter changed from pre-payment to standard credit, i did ask from years ago with npower, but 11 weeks is all i can prove.
    Each time i've made contact, i've been told we'll look into this and thats where it stalls. No communication until i initiate it then i get "we'll look into it" and stall again. Its an endless loop.