Refund Credit, fobbed of by Eon

View Tag Cloud
    TBF though, there was certain guidelines that OFGEM released especially regarding moving whilst companies sadly closed. This has thrown so many spanners in the works and we are working very hard to get your monies back to you. It will be with you soon, once we have removed those lodged in spanners. 🔧 I say with confidence, it is not lost, and it will get refunded back to you. We thank you so much for your patience. 😊
    Level 3
    @Beki
    Thank you for your reply, I was well aware of the guidelines regarding switching, I had started the switching process from Igloo before the company went bust. I was immediately concerned that this had the potential to cause difficulties, hence I began contact straight away, to ascertain how my credit refund would be processed, and when I could expect to receive it. Unfortunately the litany of misinformation and fobbing off was ongoing from that point, for at least 3 months, at which point I took it to the Ombudsman. As stated above, I received £50 compensation from E.on Next and am awaiting the full letter of apology for their failures. I was told, on at least six occasions, that my cheque was in the post, I was asked if I had received it, I was told that Igloo would issue the refund, despite it stating clearly on E.on Next information page that they would be refunding... truly atrocious. I believe that the exceptional circumstances in the energy supply industry have indeed thrown everyone out of balance and caused great confusion, however it was up to E.on Next to ensure their reps were able to adequately handle the enquiries that people, such as myself, were/are making. Currently I have been told that my cheque will be with me by the end of this month (January) if not, to get back in touch, which does not fill me with confidence, however, I'm trying to be positive and hoping this is correct. Beki, your approach of asking for patience, is honest and I do appreciate that, however I would also say that when you are going into fuel poverty, despite conscientious management of your money (the credit built up with Igloo) it is hard to be patient, and worrying. I do understand that everyone is working very hard on this issue, and I thank you for your concern, Mabel