Refund Credit, fobbed of by Eon

View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    An Update: I messaged Beki (Community Manager) as she requested with all the details of this woeful situation. So we'll see if that brings any results.
    Latest email from customer service (21 December) was "Your refund was not sent in the last batch of credits, so we need to check if it was sent in the recent credit refunds sent two days ago. I work out of hours so I am dependent on responses through the day for which I read in evenings. I will update you accordingly. Alternatively you can call us during the day for a response on the call on 0808 501 5200".
    This gives me no reason for hope or optimism.
    I've kept a full dossier of all the lies, misinformation and woeful inadequacy that I've been subject to in trying to retrieve MY MONEY.
    So, yes, it will be the Ofgem next.
    Thank you for the supportive messages and sorry it's not better news.

Hey Mabel

I've chased this up for you today as the latest transfer of balances should have come through yesterday, I'll make sure either myself or one of the team get back to you with an update.

Thanks

Hannah
    Level 3
    @HannahD
    Two days later and not a reply or update or response?
    Nothing new about that, ongoing situation since October, an absolute disgrace
    Mabel
    Level 1
    I am owed a credit of £347.35 from Igloo, which Eon Next has failed to take on.
    Eon Next has blamed Igloo, and even Ofgem for failing to pass on these monies owed.
    I keep getting fobbed off by Eon Next. I believe that some sort of investigation should take place into Eon Next and their practises as I keep getting different people, asking the same questions, and find I am going round in circles, and getting nowhere. I also think that the staff at Eon Next are reading from a script as they are saying the same thing over and over again.
    Where is mu money. Someone has it. And it must be in a suspense account, somewhere, EARNING INTEREST, for someone.

I have sent Eon Next proof of my credit details with Igloo. A photo of my last bill with Igloo showing my credit status. It even states a bottom of bill that Eon Next will be in contact with me, yet nothing. No transfer of credit. No confirmation of receiving copy if this bill. A large sound of silence from Eon Next.
    Last edited by jrwright44; 30-12-21 at 10:44. Reason: More information available
    Level 1
    @jrwright44
    I have had replies from 4 different people from Eon Next re Symbio refund:
    1. I should have been refunded by now
    2. Eon Next has no responsibility
    3. Number 2 (above) is wrong and we will get the data and refund you.
    4. We can’t do anything as we don’t have your information.
    It may be incompetence or it may be Eon Next policy to fob people off, all I know is that it is over 12 weeks since Eon Next willingly took responsibility for Symbio but they (despite some supportive customer service staff) don’t seem to have a clue about a number of accounts.
    Level 3
    @jrwright44, I feel for you, this is exactly what has been happening to me :( It is dire, and as you say our money is sitting in their account earning interest for them, perhaps our money plus interest should be refunded to us? (That'll be the day, laughs to oneself).
    I see Hannah replied to me on this thread to say that a complaint has been raised, I've been complaining for months, a bit of honesty and clarity would have been better than the constant fobbing off, "a cheque is in the post" "have you received your cheque" and "Contact Igloo, they will issue refunds" (from someone called Stuart Anthony) quite insulting, and no apology ever made for that bare-faced lie. At least a dozen people said they would get back to me with information, then nothing. I'm sorry I can't offer you some hope, but I can see this going on and on.
    Level 3
    @HannahD, Thanks for replying with some real information, just to clarify I have previously contacted your reps via Facebook Messenger, was told they would get back to me the next day and nobody ever did (mid December) I had also posted my final bill to them (2nd December) and have posted it several times via email to varying reps, who also claimed they would get back to me and never did. You, HannahD, seem to be an exception, so you have perhaps given me a ray of hope that I will receive my much needed refund credit back soon. So thank you.
    Mabel
    Head of Community
    @HannahD, Thanks for replying with some real information, just to clarify I have previously contacted your reps via Facebook Messenger, was told they would get back to me the next day and nobody ever did (mid December) I had also posted my final bill to them (2nd December) and have posted it several times via email to varying reps, who also claimed they would get back to me and never did. You, HannahD, seem to be an exception, so you have perhaps given me a ray of hope that I will receive my much needed refund credit back soon. So thank you.
    Mabel

No problem, I'm just really sorry you haven't had the answers you should have up until now. I can see all the conversations you've had so will make sure everyone involved knows the correct processes to follow to try and stop this happening again in the future. I'll also link in with Hannah who is looking after your complaint (I might be biased, but between the two Hannah's we'll get you sorted!) so I can keep up to date with how things are progressing.

Thanks

Hannah
    Level 3
    @snorters, yes, I sympathise entirely. It feels like there may be a chink of light at the end of the tunnel, given the replies I have had from the two Hannahs. I hope this means that we will all be getting our money back very soon. Will keep this thread updated.
    Mabel
    Level 1
    Has anyone who had credit with Igloo when they went bust had their credit moved over to Eon Next customers and can be seen in their account’s..
    Level 29
    Same here.
    OFGEM makes it clear Eon are responsible. I phoned early December and was told it will be sorted, 2 weeks later I’m told it’s not their responsibility.
    obviously company policy to dodge so OFGEM next stop.
    You need to do the following:
    • keep a record of the customer service advisor
    • make an official complaint about being given wrong advice.

Telephone advice is not ideal here. Getting advice in writing for instance on Facebook or Twitter by private message, or by Email, or even on this forum with screenshot, gives no wriggle room for denial by deleting the message.