Usage & Analysis

Level 91
    @PwWales

I don't have a smart meter, but I can calculate what is using the power easily enough. If you want to know what you are using overnight, take a reading before you go to bed and again first thing in the morning. Things that use a lot of power are typically the fridge/freezer and they are on24/7. Then try again but this time switch off all set top boxes, phone chargers, DAB radios, routers, TV's on standby and see how it affects the consumption. Then you will have some facts to go on.

A graph on the website isn't really going to help you much at all. I invested in a through meter that allows me to measure the consumption of a single appliance by sitting between the socket and the appliance plug. That tells me everything i need to know.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Why is this taking so long? Well got fed up of waiting, Just found an app called Hugo Energy for mobile, downloaded, setup security & withing 24h all my Gas & Electric history is showing in KW & £ its so helpful & useful. I would advise eveyone to get that app, if your on Eon with a smart meter. much more useful.
    Level 43
    Is there any update on this?

Hi @Saz

I wouldn't wait for eon-next, either try the app suggested above or the Bright app which is what I use. You can see the usage and cost down to 30 minute intervals and it shows the tariff rates clearly, you don't have go scrolling through menus like you do with the IHD.
    Level 1
    Hi @Saz

I wouldn't wait for eon-next, either try the app suggested above or the Bright app which is what I use. You can see the usage and cost down to 30 minute intervals and it shows the tariff rates clearly, you don't have go scrolling through menus like you do with the IHD.

I’ve downloaded the bright app thanks. It looks good but only seems to give me figures for day, if I ask for the 30 mins figures it says 0

any ideas?
    Level 43
    If you log in to your online account @Saz, on the home page scroll down and click on 'Profile'. Then scroll down to 'Smart meter data preferences', if it isn't set to 'Half hourly meter readings' then edit it and change it to half hourly.

There can be a few hours lag with data appearing in the app as well, and as you've just installed it there may be a delay as well so don't be too concerned if your account already shows half hourly readings. I use the ios version and in Settings there is an option towards the bottom 'Refresh Data', I've just tapped that and it's pulled in all of yesterdays usage and a few hours this morning.

See how you get on, I'd suggest giving it a day or two but if you're still not getting the usage down to 30 minutes then come back we'll do our best to help.