Storage heater not getting any power in off peak hours

Level 1
    Our storage heater not getting any power in off peak hours, they were all ok in last winter. Heating automatically start at day time which is really expensive. Any one know what should I do about this?
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    @Sidra

has there been any changes to your meter since last year? We’re other members of the public and can help to answer questions such as yours but given there are many potential causes of issues, we need more information to do so. A picture of the meter and fuse box set up helps a tot - use the picture icon above right when replying.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    There no changes in the meter since last winter. Please can you guide I am attaching pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Level 92
    Your meter is showing a balance on one of the displays. Are you on smart pay as you go? If so, is this the same as usual or have you changed from standard credit recently?

That is a standard 5 terminal economy 7 configured smart meter. The fifth terminal controls your heating. Unless the meter has been remotely reconfigured incorrectly, nothing should have changed.

It's also worth checking through the menus on the meter to see if the time is correct.

Is the meter recording peak and off peak units correctly. That is to say, if you boil a kettle during the day, is it showing up on the right register for day units. Occasionally, day and night rates can be accidentally swapped on your account if the meter is changed, as yours was two years ago.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.