timings

Level 5
    for any one on drive tarriff these are the timing i have been assurred by eon next,
    have asked the quistion why this does not match the website etc?

so be careful when you program your car to charge

The timings are:
    Peak - 07:30 am - 00:30 am
    Off Peak - 00:30am - 07:30am
    BST Peak - 08:30am - 01:30am
    BST Off Peak - 01:30am - 08:30 am
  • 6 Replies

Level 6
    I replied to this on another thread, but what is your full Tariff name?
    Level 5
    drive v3 have been for 4 months still can't get the billing correct
    Level 6
    Well it's just energy supplier incompetence.

i gather you are on v3 2r, so seeing expected behaviour. Glad you’ve found your timings. I got lucky that mine were 98 hours a week off-peak…

initially when i tried to join next drive i was told I couldn't because i was on a 2 rate meter.
    Then they magically could and I was put on v2 2r.
    Since been told that it’s impossible to use their 30 minute tariffs on a multi rate meter, impossible to switch to single rate and impossible to change the meter timings. All of which are false.

I’m now apparently on V3 (not 2r), using 30 minute data that was previously ‘impossible’
    Level 92
    for any one on drive tarriff these are the timing i have been assurred by eon next,

The timings are:

Those timings are for YOUR specific dual rate meter. Not for everyone! See my response to your other thread for information on decoding your MPAN number.

Set your car to charge using your meter times, not the generic information on the website which only applies to single rate smart meters.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 3 Hours Ago at 18:08.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    Those timings are for YOUR specific dual rate meter. Not for everyone! See my response to your other thread for information on decoding your MPAN number.

Set your car to charge using your meter times, not the generic information on the website which only applies to single rate smart meters.

car might work, but i have storage heater and hot water is run off the off peak supply that i have no contol over when it become live, hence eon next next to get thier act together and only charge off peak rate when they are supply my off peak supply not on some timing that they come up with,
    Level 33

The timings are:
    Not sure where they got those figures from but that's completely wrong if they're using the 1/2 hourly readings.

I've been on Drive V2 then swapped to drive V3 (with a single rate meter) since July 2023 so have been through 2 changes of BST/GMT and can confirm the following..

1) The meters actually always record the time-of-use in UTC time, so in the winter midnight is recorded as 00:00 UTC
    2) When your local clock time at home is BST in the summer, and your charger starts at midnight BST, the meter records your midnight usage as 23:00 UTC
    3) However EOn apply the hour's offset for BST to your meter readings so that your midnight - 7am charging both summer and winter agrees with your local clock/charger times.

I've been downloading the raw half hourly usage from the meter in CSV format from Bright/glowmarkt.com and calculating my actual usage costs to check my bills, and they match EOn's billing correctly.
    Last edited by geoffers; 33 Minutes Ago at 20:55.