timings

Level 6
    They aren't 'coming up with the timings' The timings are preset by your meter which has two rates. The heating and hot water will only come on during the off-peak period and your meter will record off peak usage during that period. Again, on-peak, the meter will record usage during that period on a separate register.

You are billed by the meter readings from the two registers on the meter.
    It's still not clear from the OP whether they have a 'dumb' Economy7 meter or a 'smart' meter configured for 2 rates.
    If the latter, then there is plenty of opportunity for it to be misconfigured so the switched load timings don't match the tariff timings.
    Level 5
    It's still not clear from the OP whether they have a 'dumb' Economy7 meter or a 'smart' meter configured for 2 rates.
    If the latter, then there is plenty of opportunity for it to be misconfigured so the switched load timings don't match the tariff timings.
    it would be great if it was that simple, prevoius meter smart smts 2 meter on a 2 rate econ 7 untill changed to drive ver 3 tarriff, they changed it to a single rate tou tarriff but the time it came on did not match the time they were charging for, my off peak in on a separte circult that theu control the times, they rplaced meter to fix issue, so still on same setup but they then changed tarriff back to econ 7 and timing still make no sense, as it came on at 23.30 (as per hugo)and went off at 08.30 am, but i am sure they charge my usage, bewtween 12.00-07.00 as off peak, so 2 hours of ussage that should be oof peak only will be charged at peak
    Level 5
    They aren't 'coming up with the timings' The timings are preset by your meter which has two rates. The heating and hot water will only come on during the off-peak period and your meter will record off peak usage during that period. Again, on-peak, the meter will record usage during that period on a separate register.

You are billed by the meter readings from the two registers on the meter.
    it would be great if it was that simple, prevoius meter smart smts 2 meter on a 2 rate econ 7 untill changed to drive ver 3 tarriff, they changed it to a single rate tou tarriff but the time it came on did not match the time they were charging for, my off peak in on a separte circult that theu control the times, they rplaced meter to fix issue, so still on same setup but they then changed tarriff back to econ 7 and timing still make no sense, as it came on at 23.30 (as per hugo)and went off at 08.30 am, but i am sure they charge my usage, bewtween 12.00-07.00 as off peak, so 2 hours of ussage that should be oof peak only will be charged at peak
    Level 5
    Ahh OK 👍 - probably worth renaming the title/rewording your 1st posting with more explanation as this suggests that all the drive tariff timings are wrong.

I guess this forum is here to actually help other users - not just a portal for EOn bashing 🤣

do not think i was eo bashing just adding my expiernce of this tarriff to the many people that sem to have an issue with tarriff,

Level 6
    Wow, you have been 'round the houses with them...

What genius there thought switching the meter was an efficient way of fixing things? (Been there before, guess what, same result)

There must be someone in E.ON who actually understands a smart meter, but the 12 or so 'Energy Experts' I've had the pleasure of dealing with don't know a thing and act as a barrier to reaching someone who does.

I guess complain and escalate until the person who knows what a TOU matrix and ECAUL settings are gets involved and can send the commands to magically sync and fix everything.
    Level 33
    @raregerry 👍 no problemo

Good to get this feedback, as it's the first time I've seen something like this reported in the last 15mths

In fact I'd never even heard of the Drive 2R tariff before : doesn't seem to be advertised on the website anywhere. Maybe it's something they've introduced recently for people with E7 meters?
    Level 33
    ...There must be someone in E.ON who actually understands a smart meter, but the 12 or so 'Energy Experts' I've had the pleasure of dealing with don't know a thing
    Unfortunately, as with most call centres they'll just be grunts working from scripts on their terminals.

Although E.On choose too call them "energy experts" they probably have little knowledge of the subject...

Apparently (according to an earlier thread) some are based in South Africa so probably don't have much direct experience of the UK infrastructure 😲
    Level 6
    In fact I'd never even heard of the Drive 2R tariff before : doesn't seem to be advertised on the website anywhere. Maybe it's something they've introduced recently for people with E7 meters?

I got put on V2 2R in March 'because I have an E7 meter'. It wasn't advertised and initially I was told I wasn't eligible for anything.

Thing is, I don't have an 'E7' meter. I have a SMETS2 smart meter. It's single rate, E7, 48 rate or whatever they want it to be. It just happens that my previous tariff was 2 rate, so that's what they insist I have. They wanted to physically switch the meter with a 'single rate' one that would have been identical to the existing one.
    One of the best lines was that 'we cannot onboard Eco 7/10 meters at the moment as we are facing issues in the industry which leads to loss of supply'. I asked that they elaborate on that, but no response.