Eon electric readings don't match my actual meter

Level 5
    ref charging times for drive tarriff i have told by eon next that there are actual time's, i have asked the quistion why does this differ from thier website?

The timings are:
    Peak - 07:30 am - 00:30 am
    Off Peak - 00:30am - 07:30am
    BST Peak - 08:30am - 01:30am
    BST Off Peak - 01:30am - 08:30 am
    Last edited by raregerry; 3 Hours Ago at 16:16. Reason: spelling
    Level 6
    ref charging times for drive tarriff i have told by eon next that there are actual time's, i have asked the quistion why does this differ from thier website?

The timings are:
    Peak - 07:30 am - 00:30 am
    Off Peak - 00:30am - 07:30am
    BST Peak - 08:30am - 01:30am
    BST Off Peak - 01:30am - 08:30 am
    Think this depends on your exact tariff.
    if you are on Next Drive V1/2/3 2R - note the ‘2R’ at the end, then it uses your meter rates which are probably the default economy7 times for your area, but could be anything and E.ON don’t seem geared up to adjust.
    if on a ‘30 minute’ Drive tariff, then should be midnight to 07:00 regardless of gmt/bst
    Level 5
    Think this depends on your exact tariff.
    if you are on Next Drive V1/2/3 2R - note the ‘2R’ at the end, then it uses your meter rates which are probably the default economy7 times for your area, but could be anything and E.ON don’t seem geared up to adjust.
    if on a ‘30 minute’ Drive tariff, then should be midnight to 07:00 regardless of gmt/bst

Next Drive Fixed V3 2R but timeing were given to me by customer service, and reflect the actual timing i see, very confusing when website says one thing and actual says some thing else. They get thier bills right
    Level 92
    @raregerry

A 2R version of the tariff uses an existing dual rate, or Economy 7 meter which has preset time periods which are specific to your DNO and to your particular region. A standard Drive tariff relies on a smart meter with a single rate and uses the Time of Use data from the smart meter to calculate the two different rates.

If you have a look at your bill you will see a supply number, or MPAN. This is the number with a large S and several blocks of figures.

Your first two digits are likely to be 02 as you have a dual rate meter. The combination of the next three digits (Meter Time Switch Coode) and the Distributor ID can be decoded to give you your actual off-peak hours.

These can vary quite a bit depending on region and your local electricity network demands. But using a Smart Meter, everyone gets the same cheap hours, as specified on the website. Older two rate non-smart meters are configured by the local DNO, formerly the regional Electricity Boards, and are not under the control of the suppliers.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    @raregerry

A 2R version of the tariff uses an existing dual rate, or Economy 7 meter which has preset time periods which are specific to your DNO and to your particular region. A standard Drive tariff relies on a smart meter with a single rate and uses the Time of Use data from the smart meter to calculate the two different rates.

If you have a look at your bill you will see a supply number, or MPAN. This is the number with a large S and several blocks of figures.

Your first two digits are likely to be 02 as you have a dual rate meter. The combination of the next three digits (Meter Time Switch Coode) and the Distributor ID can be decoded to give you your actual off-peak hours.

These can vary quite a bit depending on region and your local electricity network demands. But using a Smart Meter, everyone gets the same cheap hours, as specified on the website. Older two rate non-smart meters are configured by the local DNO, formerly the regional Electricity Boards, and are not under the control of the suppliers.
    well let's see where eonext go next, as they have replaced my meter, becuase last meter was not changing time for bst, they said, i was just trying to let people know you can not just rely on eo next website that states that off paek is 12.00-07.00 as this is clearly not the case, far too mis-leading,
    Level 5
    well let's see where eonext go next, as they have replaced my meter, becuase last meter was not changing time for bst, they said, i was just trying to let people know you can not just rely on eo next website that states that off paek is 12.00-07.00 as this is clearly not the case, far too mis-leading,
    well thanks for the education on mpan numbers, that will help with trying to sort my issue with bills they can just bill on the off peak rate as it is dual meter still as per my new mpan, and car is on the off peak rate only, which has been the issue all along as the off peak was coming on at diffrnent hours to what they want to charge me for,