Eon electric readings don't match my actual meter

Level 91
    @CharlotteEv

You are reading correctly, and your calculated figure for rate 2 is apparently correct. Whether rate 1 is daytime or night time is a perennial problem - there's no consistency.

Observation of when rate 1 increments will tell you. Also you should be able to establish if the total figure increments both day time and night time – I’m beginning to suspect it will not. I’m beginning to wonder if the readings on the meter are actually for day and night, and not rate 1 and total, despite how they’re labelled.
    As it is the total appears to have incremented 70 kWh in 10 days - so about 7 kWh per day. That’s far less than half your apparent usage over 189 days, so something is clearly amiss here and I suspect it will need a replacement meter to resolve.

Getting hold of previous smart readings via the bright app will help to provide real evidence of what is going on here. I've made this point in other threads but it bears repeating here, the readings that show on your bill are specially requested by Eon Next sending a message to your meter and getting the appropriate response. There will also be the more frequent readings sent automatically, but these are not used for billing. I’m imagining a coding error is pulling the wrong data from your meter since the switch in tariff. Just like the others here , I’m trying to make sense of all this but based on incomplete information.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 32
    @meldrewreborn thank you for your reply. I would appreciate if you could tell me if I am reading the meter correctly and if not please tell me how. I have included two photos of what my meter shows when I click through and I have been using the larger figure which says total to work out the usage. It doesn't show a second rate on the meter.
    Attachment 3837Attachment 3838

The 884 usage for daytime use is worked out from my readings, Eon readings said I had used 2283.2. We are a 2 person 2 bed house.
    Just to confuse the issue even more - your L&G E470 meter doesn't look like mine - L&G unfortunately seemed to have a policy of keeping the same E470 meter name for multiple versions & upgrades so none of them are the same

A bit of research shows that yours is probably an old generation Smets1 meter, so not sure if that is part of the problem ☹️

Name:  Screenshot_2024-10-01-16-58-41-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  24.5 KB