How do E.On Next estimate usage and calculate unit rate reduction for Pledge Tracker?

Level 59
    @Mailman

Ahh - that explains it, many thanks for the explanation. Although this makes me even more curious as to why my EAC for electricity has jumped so much!!

You'll never know but it looks like the Data Collector has collected an incorrect usage amount or their system has thrown a wobbler due to corrupt data. Fortunately the glitch I saw 3 years ago did not affect my billing in any way. But it is another reason to keep a close eye on your meter reads on a regular basis and to check that what is reported to Eon Next on your smart meter monthly pull is what you see on your meter (either directly or via a working IHD). 👍
    Level 11
    You'll never know but it looks like the Data Collector has collected an incorrect usage amount or their system has thrown a wobbler due to corrupt data. Fortunately the glitch I saw 3 years ago did not affect my billing in any way. But it is another reason to keep a close eye on your meter reads on a regular basis and to check that what is reported to Eon Next on your smart meter monthly pull is what you see on your meter (either directly or via a working IHD). 👍

I wonder if it is something to do with my meter being non-communicating for about 10 days in August, which I also posted about recently. Perhaps they think that it freaked out cos I'd used so much electricity 🤣🤣