Storage heating not working since smart meter installed

Level 1
    A smart meter was installed earlier in the year and my hot water stopped working after installation. I never connected the issue and paid £170 for it to get fixed by a plumber.
    I’ve now turned on my storage heaters and both aren’t working. Can anyone suggest a solution please?
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @ECmail

It sounds as though a 5th terminal on your meter should have been linked into the hot water and storage heater circuits, but was not installed.

I'm only a very amateur electrician but I act as agent (I'm on commission of 20% of nothing) for @retrotecchie who is a professional and can advise more fully.

In the meantime a photo of the set up might help - use the box to the left of the video camera in the menu bar above your reply to post a photo.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @ECmail

It sounds as though a 5th terminal on your meter should have been linked into the hot water and storage heater circuits, but was not installed.

Or only a 4 terminal meter was installed...

'I act as agent (I'm on commission of 20% of nothing) for @retrotecchie who is a professional and can advise more fully.

There may not be any actual 'folding' involved, but there's more to life than money. Or at least that's what the Gumment seem to think...

@ECmail

As my learned colleague @meldrewreborn rightly points out, a photograph of your setup would help enormously. Ideally showing the meter make and model, and any cabling coming out of the meter showing any terminal blocks, etc. If you could also photograph any fuseboxes/consumer units that would also assist greatly. You would normally have two separate boxes if you have Economy 7 heating and hot water.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.