Hi all, I've been reading some threads on here and have been impressed with level of feedback given so hope I can get the same 😁

I have a potential client that is interested in having more PV panels and a battery installed. They currently getting the FiT from EON via a 1.5kW PV system consisting of 6 x 250w LG panels installed in 2011 (Solis 1.5kW string inverter) before they bought the property and by a company that are no longer in business. They understand and appreciate that any new panel system must not interfere with a FiT system.

They are looking to replace these 6 panels with 4 x 375w panels and relocate them on the property to a different roof that is the exact same orientation, inclination and shading factor as the original location. I am of the opinion that since the original panel generation capacity is 1.5kW (6 x 250w) and the new panels generation capacity be will exactly the same, this would not affect their FiT eligibility. The inverter is staying the same so therefore both the TIC and DNC are not changing.

I am also of the opinion (and would like others thoughts on this) that if say one of their panels broke and needed replacing, the whole lot would need replacing anyway to keep the same TIC as no-one makes 250w panels anymore (since Perlight upped their 54cell modules to 300w) in order to keep in line with the original FiT system. Replacement panels would need to be MCS Certified I would have thought so they couldn't be replaced with any module you could get off eBay for example!

So my questions are:

1. Is the above accurate?
2. Do we need to make EON aware of any potential amendments as above?
3. Would any paperwork need amending to reflect the new panels i.e. the MCS Certificate?
4. As the original installer has ceased to exist, would they need to get in touch with MCS directly to amend the MCS Cert?

Many thanks in advance for any & all advice!