Current price cap

Level 1
    Hi everyone.

Just been doing bit of research regarding potentially switching with the new cap starting 1st October.

I basically asked this same question last year and was looking in the wrong place. However this time I'm not so sure.

Basically as far as I can see for the north west, where I am based, the capped standing charge daily rate for electricity is 51.19p. However according to my Next Flex tariff info I'm currently being charged 63.849p.

Is this allowed or am I missing something?
  • 1 Reply

Level 59
    Hi everyone.

Just been doing bit of research regarding potentially switching with the new cap starting 1st October.

I basically asked this same question last year and was looking in the wrong place. However this time I'm not so sure.

Basically as far as I can see for the north west, where I am based, the capped standing charge daily rate for electricity is 51.19p. However according to my Next Flex tariff info I'm currently being charged 63.849p.

Is this allowed or am I missing something?

The current and future cap standing charges for all regions are contained inThis ofgem document

The NW currently enjoys 51.19p per day standing charges for electricity. This should be what Eon Next are billing you atm if you are on the Next Flex tariff. If you are on fixed tariff this might be different.

Are you still being billed for the North Wales and Mersey region as your Previous thread last year seemed to indicate that you were then and continue several months later.
    Last edited by Mailman; 3 Minutes Ago at 22:10.