Smart Meter not Activated

Level 1
    Almost 4 years ago I was provided with a smart meter by EON. At the time of installation the engineer said he didn't think this meter worked as he had removed it from another property. He didn't make any mention of an in home display.
    So- no smart meter readings.
    I have regularly (6 monthly or so) asked EON to resolve this situation to no avail. I have stressed occasionally my age and that manual meter readings are sometimes problematic given the location of the meter.
    The response from EON has been that the meter is not registered and there is no way of quickening the process.

Does this negative experience chime with other users?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @paulc732
    so you are sending in meter readings?

the “connection” between the meter and your supplier is managed by the DCC, who are not answerable to domestic customers. Your supplier can refer issues to DCC but there is no feedback on whether the issue is being resolved in any shape or form. The issue is more than likely in the comms hub, and replacing that might be a solution . The vast majority of meters removed are found later not to have ben faulty.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.