E-ONEXT MY Failure to get Economy 7 Tariff reinstated

Level 1
    Since purchasing my property 2003 the tariff was set at Economy 7. In 2018 I requested E-onext to fit a smart meter (dual tariff). I rented out my home 2018-2024. At some point the tariff was changed to a single tariff with British Gas. On returning to the property I am having difficulty getting E-onext to return the tariff to Economy 7. I get told in numerous calls to E-0next that my request has been forwarded to the ISE (Instructions For Further Action) I want to sell the property, the purchaser (a landlord) will not complete the purchase until the change is made. I am legally unable to rent the property until the change is made. Can anyone advise how I can put pressure on the ISE.

My problem started in early May, when the property's energy rating was reduced, because the tariff had changed from the previous rating. British Gas were unable to help me. I requested a move to E-on, they fitted the smart meter on 4th June, switched 4th Jul. I specifying that Economy 7 tariff was required. E-On have confirmed, after I sent photos, that the meter can supply 2 tariffs. I phone regularly and ask and get, follow up emails, which never show that the issue is progressing. I have escalated the request to a complaint, but I am always told the ISE have a backlog to deal with. Where do I go from here?

The meter was fitted in 2018, the tariff was changed at a later date. No other changes are required to attain a higher
    EPC. The meter is dual tariff so can support Economy 7. I need a computer person to remotely re programme my smart meter. What do you do if you have complained and still the problem does not progress.?

I do not think there is an ombudsman for Energy. I changed from British Gas because they said they couldn't do the change. Getting in contact with the correct person/department is my problem. I have been told the process is immediate, when I get to the front of the 'backlog'. I phone weekly.
  • 2 Replies

Level 84
    I do not think there is an ombudsman for Energy.

Energy Ombudsman website might be worth a look but the priority at the moment, and has been for quite some time for all suppliers, is fitting new smart meters and trying those dumb smart ones to communicate where possible. It's a waiting game until an engineer is in your area.
    https://www.energyombudsman.org/
    Level 1
    E-On have confirmed, after I sent photos, that the meter can supply 2 tariffs. I need a computer person to remotely re programme my smart meter.
    I will register with the Ombudsman on the 4th Sept-8wks since the transfer, 12 wks since the request and agreement to transfer the property to E-ONEXT on an Economy 7 tariff. A long expensive wait- loss of rent and sale of property (hopefully not-the buyer wants to finalise on the 1st Sept.)
    Thank you for the help.