Problem with completing change to Eon tariff

Level 1
    I want to change my energy provider and apply for EON Next Pledge Tracker. I gave my address, annual electricity and gas usage and finally my bank details. However, when I press the final Confirm button I get the following in red letters ''The electricity quote of £1,155.19 is not between our validation window of £1,237.66 and £1,247.62 There is a similar sentence regarding gas''. The application is blocked.

There was no part of the application form that required financial figures. What is wrong?
  • 2 Replies

Level 83
    Morning @BFP1
    This might be something you are going to have to contact Customer Services.
    Just for interest was your annual usage from a current statement or was it your own calculations? Assuming you already have smart meters I'm wondering if the validation window is a comparison between what the DCC thinks your usage should be in monetary terms and what you say it is.
    Saying all that it could be a computer blip, hence unless any of the community learned members can shed further light on the issue Customer Services would be the way forward. Ways to contact them can be found here: https://eonnext.com/contact
    Level 1
    Morning @BFP1
    This might be something you are going to have to contact Customer Services.
    Just for interest was your annual usage from a current statement or was it your own calculations? Assuming you already have smart meters I'm wondering if the validation window is a comparison between what the DCC thinks your usage should be in monetary terms and what you say it is.
    Saying all that it could be a computer blip, hence unless any of the community learned members can shed further light on the issue Customer Services would be the way forward. Ways to contact them can be found here: https://eonnext.com/contact

Thanks for the reply. The usage was from a current statement. I have a smart meter. The application form had no space for me to indicate usage in monetary terms, only usage in Kwh. I also noted that as I tried applying several times, my estimated monthly payment went up! I will try contacting customer services. It will be interesting to see how helpful they are.