3 phase meter

View Tag Cloud
    Hi,
    As an absolute idiot when it comes to electrics, I need some help.
    I have just had a 12 month bill for £12,500 from EON on a 3-phase supply. Usage is calculated at 45Mwh over that 12 months.

However I have solar panels and the app for those show that we have:
    Produced 16.2Mwh
    Fed to Grid 2.5Mwh
    Consumed 27.5Mwh
    From Grid 13.9Mwh

How do I find out which is correct. The implication is that I put in £25,000 of panels with absolutely no reduction in usage if the EON meter is correct. If it is incorrect, I have been overpaying for years possibly or just since solar went in, in May 23.

We are a business. We have two meters and tbh as I was paying the one by DD, I had not noticed that EON had not taken money for the other meter and therefore neither paid, nor submitted a reading. In the past the meter used to update the previous supplier and I again assumed it was doing this time - my mistake.

We are supplying back to grid, but have no tariff arranged. It was said at the time that we would not get such a good deal on the tariff ie it would be clawed back one way or another. So we have not received nor are we due any export payments.

Does this make sense?

I want to be sure that we are getting the correct usage, it seems as if we are paying the same as we did before the Solar went in and a completely different reading to the Solar app. The installer says that a 1-2% difference would be normal.

Any help gratefully received.
  • 1 Reply

Level 81
    Hi @Mortimer Looks like you've 2 identical threads and @retrotecchie has replied the the following one
    https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post51417
    So as not to confuse things I've added the above link.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 2 Days Ago at 16:20.