Standing charge for capped gas meter

Level 1
    My gas was condemned on the 21st of May 2015, and I have paid over £900 in standing charges since. The council cut me off and Scottish gas capped my meter. I constantly called to have the charge taken off, it was taken off at the time, but then it was applied to the next bill, which I didn't notice. I got fed up asking and now with eon next, it is not right I live in a council house and the meter does not belong to me, it's a complete and utter joke. How do I get my money back?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @Kikiki

Ask to have the meter removed. Make a complaint and be prepared to take it to the ombudsman. If no satisfaction there sue through money claim online.

Is there any particular reason you’ve let this drag on for long? Perhaps you need some help in in taking this further and I’d suggest visiting Citizens Advice for assistance.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.