EDMI Es10B not talking to gas meter GS68B

Level 1
    Believe it or not I only just discovered this forum, and now have yet another chink of light to hope for.

My poor wife has been going nuts with E-ON over years and years now as we have had nothing but trouble with smart meters ever since they changed from the old first gen provider specific system to the universal SMETS2? system.

It has never ever functioned properly be it gas, or electricity, but we never have had both, and this is since 2018. We had the ES10B fitted in 2022 and from that point we have literally given up all hope of ever having a functioning system.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and from my description would anyone on here be able to advise if this is meter incompatibility SMETS incompatibility or the divine act of some celestial body!

Is it too much to ask that with a case file at EON spanning six years, we find a solution other than phoning in our meter readings every flaming month!
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 80
    Best Answer
    Afternoon @DerekMc64 and welcome to the forum. With an extensive case history with Eon Next have they given any indication to what they think the problem might be? Have you checked to see if the DCC can see your meters? This can be done via this link https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/ . It might also be worth getting the Hildebrand Bright app to see what information is being sent. It will take time to populate. On your comms hub does the WAN light flash every 5 seconds?

Rather than phoning why not enter your readings via your online account or the Eon Next app.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:07.
    Level 1
    Thank you for responding, my wife is the regular contact with E-ON, and we have had probably a dozen visits two meter swaps including a rather weird old for a new (one we had only had installed weeks earlier)

I am trying the Hildebrand Bright app right now and will fill you in, oh and as to phoning , as my wife's trust levels are zero, she doesn't trust the online app either! ha ha ha

I'll be back shortly if I get anywhere of not.
    Level 91
    @DerekMc64

it would assist myself and others if you told us what aspects are not working and what is working, including readings to Eon Next and functioning of your IHD.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Basically despite a new meter, and several home visits the gas meter no longer (since the move from SMETS1 talks to the electricity master meter, I hear about a hot shoe, but don't know enough to know if that will resolve it but Eon have never offered this, so given the length of our issues,,,,

How can I tell you about the IHD funcioning tell me what to look for please?
    Level 80
    Afternoon @DerekMc64 How far away is the gas meter to the electricity meter/comms hub? It might be worth popping up some photos of your meters and In Home Display (IHD). The more information we have the better chance that some of our very learned members can help.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 1 Week Ago at 14:57.