alt HAN

View Tag Cloud
    Level 10
    any news on when EON Next will be rolling this out?

At the current rate I'll be a💀before it is done. Rest assured I'd come back to 👻
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @despairingcustomer

AltHAN is already being rolled out by several energy companies, including E.On Next (allegedly), but only in certain areas and only as a 'beta'. It's not so much a function of the energy suppliers who have very little say in the matter, but the metering teams who have access to the limited supplies of the appropriate hardware. AltHan will likely be targeted at 'difficult' new installations before it becomes available as a retrofit option.

Energy companies are 'responsible' for the metering equipment, but the comms hubs and associated equipment are owned by and supplied through the DCC, so they actually have the final say, not the suppliers. And we all know that they have no end-user interface!
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 1 Week Ago at 00:41.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.