Ampy Type 5196A error code/ 3000% increase

Level 1
    Can anyone help as EON have no idea, I have a meter that flashes blank, then error code A-60C, then a reading or did originally flash this.

Then a week or so later it was just blank and the red light flashing.

Then with no load after 3 months the reading has come on again with a 3000% increase with nothing being used.
    I have 3 meters, 1 for each phase, L1 has the sockets and lights and goes up, L2 and L3 are only used with the drill and welder, very rare.
    The meter in question is L2 and has gone up 3000% and L3 has gone up 1 KW/h (L1 has gone up around 700Kw/h) in the same period.

The red led on L1 flashes, the red flashes a lot quicker on L2 and the led is on constant on L3. (L2 and L3 now have the wires removed from the isolator switch so should behave the same).

No issues and no changes to the current way everything is wired until recently, L2 and L3 going up at the same rate.

Any help would be great.
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    @Woodend

Sounds like something is drawing power on L2 as the led is flashing rapidly. Isolate everything downstream of the meter and then see what is causing the draw. If the meter is still flashing with everything isolated, either the meter has failed or you have a short circuit or something drawing power.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie thanks i have removed L2 and L3 from the isolator and isolated L1 and the light still flashes where the one on L3 is just constant.