MY EAC hasn't changed in 4 months.

• Tags for this Thread
  • eac
View Tag Cloud
    Level 91
    I can imagine that suppliers will be keen for the smart half hourly readings being continually fed into the EAC database if that means their half hourly settlements are made more accurate (especially if they feel that monthly readings with algorithms computing their payments don't produce favourable results).

But from the consumers point of view it makes little to no difference. When a reading goes into the data base it moves the rolling analysis period forward but the period used in the computation will always be the most recent 2 years. Now, if no data is submitted the EAC will logically stay the same, until such time as a reading is submitted and then a new figure will be computed. Quite possibly the start reading for the new 2 year period might have to be estimated if the was no reading exactly 2 years previous.

In my case it might be that my most recent readings haven't been submitted by Eon Next, that they've not been acted upon, that the newly computed EAC has not been returned to Eon Next, or that Eon Next hasn't applied the latest information to my bill/statement. 2 out of those 4 possibilities implicate Eon Next as being responsible.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

I still say the EAC is a bit of a waste of space other than for the suppliers to set higher levels of DD than are possibly appropriate. I track my own consumption and my 'EAC' in my spreadsheets and I can get a lot closer than they can. And having a variable DD makes the point of it on my statements completely superfluous.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

I'm not so cynical as you on this one,, and would lean towards a temporary glitch rather than deliberate action. The supplier is given the figure -they don't generate it themselves. And on the DD point, people can complain and get their DD adjusted if the can be bothered.

Also we have no stats on how often the EAC is in error, nor in which direction.
    Community Team
    Hmmm interesting thread @meldrewreborn. At one point the DC was only updating the EAC once every quarter a few years back when we were migrating Npower customers. I wonder if industry demand can have an impact on how often things update?!
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳
    Level 91
    @DebF_EONNext

I really don’t have a clue as to why my EAC hasn’t updated in 4 months, but hitherto it’s been declining steadily. Something has changed / gone wrong and I have no means of investigating it further - over to the Nexties now!