Online experience

Level 1
    You seriously need to do something about your online experience, as it's horrendous.

I have worked in IT for about 25 years, so I know what I'm talking about and don't usually bother wasting time providing feedback or having to register a different set of credentials to post on a forum.

However, I manage a few accounts for my personal use, my business use and an aging relative who finds online tools impossible (and the phone takes far too long).

Don't get me wrong, once you get to the online account platform, everything is reasonably well laid out, but logging in seamlessly is virtually impossible! Either the login is rejected or fails multiple times. Or I am presented with a blank screen (address https://www.eonnext.com/dashboard/accounts?ls=1).

I have now tried (on three separate days) to login to any of my accounts via and app and on web. All my computers and browsers are up-to-date, I have enabled javascript (and even removed all security protection just to see if you were running something outdated of failed to update your certificates), I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I login to all other major utilities and telecoms suppliers fine using exactly the same equipment (BT, EE, Vodafone, United Utilities, British Gas... you name it, they do it.)

However, EONNext is rubbish - just sort it out. I imagine your call centres are in meltdown as a result, as I cannot be the only one this happens to, so you even have an incentive to reslve the issues.
    Last edited by JonP; 1 Week Ago at 09:48. Reason: You removed the O from Online in the title
  • 4 Replies

Level 78
    Afternoon @JonP Just tried my online account on Android, Mac OS, and Linux using Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Brave with no difficulties. App also worked perfectly. I do know password managers can occasionally cause issues and find manually entering resolves the issue.
    Level 1
    I have tried multiple PCs, platforms and browsers. It's been particularly bad over the last week, but always takes a few attempts. Lucky you anyway that it works. I think your point about Password Managers being incompatible is precisely my point - it needs to be properly designed. Every other supplier I use seems to get it right.
    Level 78
    Hi @JonP . I'm not sure I'm the lucky one. There are way more sites that are equally "horrendous" when it comes to password managers. They include some local authorities, banks, and retail. Hey ho, I suppose this is progress .😉
    Level 56
    @JonP

I know (from personal experience using Surfshark) that you cannot logon to Eon Next's online site if the VPN is enabled. My bank, HMRC (+ other more important sites than my energy supplier) enable connection via VPN so I find it strange that for Eon Next connection, via VPN, is verbotten 🙄 . Other than that I use Opera (with its built in PW manager) and the logon process works as it should with very few issues.