My meter has not worked since about Dec. 2022

View Tag Cloud
    Level 56
    I have asked for EON to give some reasoning behind the usage figures when they give me notice of them, so I can understand why the figures are what they are.

I strongly suspect that Eon Next will rely on the Estimated Annual Usage (EAU) figures for your property which may or may not work in your favour. You really need to look at any bills issued by Eon Next (for the specific EAU electricity numbers) to work out if they are likely to bill you more or less than the figures that have been bandied about in this thread . If they are less then you will be billed fairly but if more then yes be prepared to argue your case re actual usage. Best of luck 🥂
    Level 5
    I strongly suspect that Eon Next will rely on the Estimated Annual Usage (EAU) figures for your property which may or may not work in your favour. ... Best of luck 🥂

It would be OK, if Eon estimates, were to be based on historical usage figures. And not something that is verging on arbitary ( Arbitary: Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle.). Eon to get back on the usage. Cannot judge Eon yet on performance.
    Last edited by richard9900; 1 Week Ago at 19:22.
    Level 56
    It would be OK, if Eon estimates, were to be based on historical usage figures. And not something that is verging on arbitary ( Arbitary: Determined by chance, whim, or impulse, and not by necessity, reason, or principle.). Eon to get back on the usage. Cannot judge Eon yet on performance.

You just need to look at your most recent statements (page 2) for what the EAU number is for your electricity as I suspect this is where Eon Next will start from.

This is my most recent one which shows an EAU of 2392.4 kWh electricity v my actual usage in last 12 months of 2348kWh so within 2% of the EAU. Remember that EAU's are based on long term usage (probably more than 1 year) at your property.

Name:  statement.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  42.4 KB
    Last edited by Mailman; 1 Week Ago at 21:56.
    Level 5
    My bill dated 17th March (2024) shows: "Estimated annual usage 213.1 kWh". Not sure if that is corrupted by the meter faiiling to record electric usage over the past 16 months. Quite possibly. An earlier bill, just before the meter failed shows: "Estimated Annual Usage 1006.2 kWh". That is more like it should be. I think my usage is about that figure. I think Eon are going to give me an estimated usage figure between 1000 KWh and say 1400 Kwh. These figures should not be very far off the mark. I'll get a response from Eon in about 2 weeks.
    Last edited by richard9900; 1 Week Ago at 11:22.