Earth Day 2024! 🌏

Hello Everyone πŸ‘‹, today we are celebrating Earth Day! 🌳

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tony-reid-UMJUr3st0AE-unsplash.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	3412

Earth Day, first held on April 22, 1970 and celebrated annually, highlights the importance of environmental conservation, sustainability and raises awareness on the positive changes we can make to support our wonderful planet! 🌿

This year's Earth Day theme is "Planet vs. Plastics"

Name:	brian-yurasits-y8k-dMPNWNI-unsplash.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	3413

How is plastic pollution affecting our planet?

• Plastic is a large contributor to marine waste. 🐒
  • The degrading of plastics in the ocean has been discovered to release methane, a greenhouse gas. 🌊
  • Increasingly damaging to Humans, Animals and the Environment. πŸƒ
  • Plastic is a large contributor to climate change. 🌀
  • Plastic pollution can come from bottles, packaging, bags and evening clothing! πŸ‘š

If you would like to look into some further reading on the effects of plastic pollution on the environment and how to support the ongoing causes to reduce our impact on the earth, the following websites Earth Day 2024 and Friends of the Earth provide lots of wonderful information to raise awareness and educate.

As climate change and our impact is one of the many ever changing aspects in our lives, I have found seeking out new knowledge and viewing the changes/what changes we can make as a community very insightful, as adaptation can be viewed as a key factor in how we shape our lives! 🀝

Name:	noah-buscher-x8ZStukS2PM-unsplash.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	3414

How can we contribute to Earth Day?

I myself have recently begun researching more into the impact I may be having on the earth and the changes that could be made whilst also expanding my knowledge on the on-going changes that are occurring around the world by reading blogs, websites and news articles. As well as my love of watching any David Attenborough documentary! πŸ“š 🐻

Here at E.ON Next, we love the topic of a sustainable future, and even have a whole section where you can ask questions and join in discussions on how to work together and reduce our carbon footprint here 🌿 Sustainable Future 🌿

Tips and Ideas for taking part:

• Recycling and supporting clean up projects. β™»
  • Support our wonderful pollinators by planting pollinator-friendly flowers such as Lavender and Wildflowers! 🐝 🌼
  • Plant a tree! 🌲
  • Recycle and Reuse in the garden as well as the home. 🌱
  • Cut down on water usage. 🚿
  • Cut down on single-use plastics. 🌊
  • Reduce energy in the home, which you can find more information on in our β€˜Energy Saving’ section! πŸ”₯
  • Considering switching to an Electric vehicle? Check our our EV section for lots of discussions on β€˜Electric Vehicles & Chargers’ πŸš—

Together, as a community, we can all learn and educate each other to work towards a more sustainable future! Please also let us know if there is more specific content on sustainability you would like to see.

I would love to hear how people have been celebrating Earth Day and any tips and ideas for supporting our planet! 🌏
🌲 β€œNature is the source of all true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci 🌲

Looking for information on energy efficiency and savings? Visit our website here for lots of tips! ✨

Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here