Are all VPNs created equal? Might the version of VPN make a difference? Personally I don't use a VPN in the UK and I don't really know why its thought to be a good idea. I do though use a good internet security system and automatically clear cookies every time i switch off. I back up my data regularly and although I get spam like many others - I just delete it and block the sender (of limited benefit I know but every little helps! Where did that slogan come from?). I use safari on my iPhone and IE and Chrome on my windows PC.

In order NO they are not all equal - the best have a strictly no logging policy and have a more extensive range of servers. Some are faster than others as well. Of course the raison d'etre is to quote one of leaders (Nord VPN).

'Government agencies, marketers, and internet service providers would all love to track and collect your browsing history, messages, and other private data. Best way to hide it? Using a VPN to keep your data to yourself.

I actually use Surfshark and setting its VPN to a UK server (rather than a foreign one) gives me full access to both the forum and the account pages. 😁 😎