Account Access via VPN

Level 57
    @Mailman it's just our security settings they are high as it ensures that our customer data is protected 😊
    Not at all sure why barring VPN connections is better for data protection at all. From my end not being able to use VPN is worse for my data protection. I can connect to much more important financial sites via VPN (not even from the UK) such as HMRC.

If Eon Next is concerned so much about customer data why not use 2 factor logons (text to phone/verified email address) that are the norm on quite a few sites now for example HMRC only allowing the customer to 'remember me for 7 days' and for other some sites I have to use this is down to an hour or two max.

It matters not except that Eon Next is the only 'important' site for me that barrs VPNs.🤔
    Community Team
    @Mailman I completely get what you're saying it does seem a bit much, however a lot of "scammers" or bots will use VPN so it may be that it's easier to have a blanket stop rather than risking them getting through, I mean I don't know if that's the reason it's just where my thought process takes me! 😊
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

Looking for the latest price cap information? Visit this thread Ofgem energy price cap 1 July 2024 - How will this affect my E.ON Next tariff?
    Level 57
    @DebF_EONNext

Another way round this issue which would stop spammers posting in the boiler section is to redirect any posts from a newly created account into some kind of 'pending tray' until some time as the mods can look at the post (to see if it is genuine) and kick out the email etc of any such user that is obviously designed for clickbait. As it stands I can access this forum via VPN (with all the boiler forum clickbaits to come) but not my online account which has little/zero scope anyway to inject clickbait for spammers (unless you consider Eon's own links 😁)

Just my thoughts 👍
    Last edited by Mailman; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:32.