2024 FIT Scheme Rates?

Level 1
    Hi All, just wondering if anyone knew anything about the FIT scheme rates for 2024-25?

Ofgem normally post them here at the end of January > Feed-in Tariffs (FIT) - Payments and tariffs | Ofgem but nothing published for the coming year yet which seems a bit odd.

If there's no update, I guess the rates will remain as they are?
  • 3 Replies

Level 1
    If anyone is interested, I contacted Ofgem direct and they sent me this link > Feed-in Tariff (FIT): Tariff Table 1 April 2024

Not sure why that doesn't appear on the publications area but they said they'll fix that.
    Level 21
    For those of you who don't habitually search around in spreadsheets,
    i) pick your date of install amongst the blue and yellow sheet tabs along the bottom
    for example "April 2011- March 2012"
    ii) read down columns A and B to the description of your renewables
    for example "Photovoltaic" "Retrofit" and column D "Maximum Capacity (kW)"
    for example 4
    That has found Row 16 for solar panels added on the roof of a house totalling less than 4kW(peak)
    Read from column E 16 this years' tariff in p/kWh.
    In this example, this year you'd get 33.16p/kWh feed in tariff.

Before you misers all boo hiss and lob tomatoes this way, that particular feed in tariff is only applicable to the minority who got their solar panels put up that year before March 2012. Since 2019, no new feed in tariff installs are granted. "SEG" might be the payment on offer to new installs.
    It is through the early adopters of solar taking a risk to pay over the odds to new installer companies to try importing new technology and make it work that the factories who made that stuff and the trades who put it up got enough momentum to get their prices down in every subsequent year. The purpose of feed in tarif was to bring about the necessary designs and wholesaler and trades activities that solar generation need not be concreting over the green fields of England and needing enlarged pylons and substations to deliver it; solar generation could be on the roof at home, generating power where it is used.
    Level 92
    @wizzo227

Some of us have been using solar PV since the late 90s. The three systems I installed over the years were pre-FiT so never generated any income for selling my excess, but as the systems were designed explicitly for reducing my need for imported energy rather than generating any excess, they all paid back the initial up-front investment in less than four years. They also happened to be a fraction of the price of buying a commercial MCS-approved setup and therefore none of the investment went to lining anyone else's pockets.

My current GFB system installed in July last year has already paid for itself and is now cutting into my electricity bills nicely. And I have access to power when the grid falls over, which is fairly often in my neck of the woods. £290 well spent.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.