Debt on a newly Rented Property.

Level 1
    New to Renting and living on my own, officially signed Papers 16th March and have Gradually moved stuff in over the last week or so.

I phoned Eonnext and let them know that I'm a knew Tenant at said address Pictures of Tenancy Agreement all that, and asked all debt from previous tentant to be erased. Gas and Electric had been fine up until 25th March when I woke up to no Electricity Nor Gas. So it's a Prepay meter.. I'm already not a fan, I find my Electric box with a £103.97 Debt on it so I assume this is the reason, and I was living on emergency that whole week.

Not knowing the procedure I stupidly topped up £20 on my key thinking it would fix it, but no. A new Key has been Issued with apparently £120 on it. It was meant to be with me Wednesday 27th March. Anyway long story Short no Electricity since Monday 25th.

Gas Meter also got Topped up £20, but now has the option to go straight to Emergency. I can only assume I was already In Emergency and my £20 done nothing. So my boiler won't work without Electricity I also assume.

So any Advice.. Or do I just keep charging my phone at work, lighting candles and having cold showers?
    Last edited by peterbenchapongwimon; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:35. Reason: Boiler
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @peterbenchapongwimon

From what I can work out you are in contact with customer service about the issue and they have sent you a key with £120 of credit on it to resolve the matter. Hopefully the key will be with you today.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.