New smart meter needed to change from Flex to Eco 7 tariff?

Level 92
    @Issa

That's why EPC is being replaced by MEEC.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie. I’ve not heard of the MEEC.
    there has been a consultation on the Home Energy Model, which ended in late March and was the brainchild of the previous government. What the new government have in mind is beyond me.

Assuming the new government will adopt something along the line of the HEM doesn’t help as the methodology is very complicated and wasn’t even finalised at the time of the consultation.

I think the driving thought was to use carbon emissions rather than the cost of fuels in the assessment.So whereas a gas boiler scores better than strove radiators currently and a heat pump similarly, gas will be frowned upon and heat pumps favoured in the new scheme.

but if there are any links to the MEEC please post the as my searching failed miserably.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.