Back-billing after final bill

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Morning,

I moved house and e-on Next submitted me my final bill in January--it has final bill in big red letters on it. Now, a couple of months later they have sent a back-bill, also called a final bill, for electricity 9-11 months ago. It's only for £350ish but...

On one level it is less than a year so the back-billing would apply but my question is, does it? I have a final bill from them. That bill is settled. Is that not the end of the story?

I was only with E-on for 9 months and it those 9 months they failed to get the smart meter working, repeatedly missed appointments to come and look at it (£30 a time for me!) and my bills (I was giving manual meter readings) show a confusing myriad of charges and refunds.

This makes me unsure whether this is a valid request from them or just another error in their catalogue of disasters.

If it makes a difference I am in Scotland.

Thanks

Stèaphan
    Last edited by Steaphan; 12-03-24 at 10:19. Reason: Typos!
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @Steaphan

As you were only with them for nine months it should be reasonably easy to subtract your initial electric (and gas) readings from your final readings to see your total consumption over the contract. Apply your tariffs and daily standing charges and you have your total cost. Now subtract all your payments and see if there is any discrepancy.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.