Smart meters what smart meters?

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    I was just wondering if any one else had experienced this...
    I had smart meters fitted on 28th feb but they wouldnt connect the tech didnt leave an Ihd as he said someone would come out and sort it after a week i tried text and emailing but got no replies after finally getting thro by phone I was told by Eon that they hadnt fitted any smart meters and I needed to send them photo evidence to prove they had been fitted.I supplied pics and even the techs MPRN on 6th feb
    We quite often get other peoples mail but I cant imagine Eon send out their technicians to fit meters at random houses or do they? I'm not holding my breath for a fast reply but hopefully things will be sorted fairly soon so I can move to a hopefully more competent supplier :)
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Duffax

All very odd. Please keep us informed how things pan out.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 5
    Last contact with Eon 10th feb

Hello David,
    You are now chatting with Temi.
    Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused, I've updated and billed the gas meter to the reading you submitted.
    I've also sent of your electric meter to be updated by the relevant team which can take up to 14 days, once this has been done you will receive a bill.
    Regarding the in home display, we will be able to book an engineer to install this once both meters have been commissioned as smart.
    If you have any further queries just reply we will be more than happy to assist you.🙂

Not sure if Temi is human or a bot, i'm not holding out much hope they will be in touch within the 14 days (2 days left for those bad at sums :) )
    Best thing is I'm getting even more emails telling me i need to switch to a smart meter
    btw looking at my online account it appears the gas meter has taken its own reading on the 22/2 so maybe that is getting smarter :)