Gas stopped displaying ihd

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi I've had eon smart meters since nov and had no problem. Able to top up my prepayments as and when needed. 2 days ago my gas meter decided to stop connecting to my ihd and showing the same amount for 3 days. I've tried contacting but get nowhere. I've restarted my ihd and put it in cupboard where both of my meters are and no joy. Is there another way to reboot and reconnect told would be 26th feb before an engineer could visit. It's not practical to wait that long. I am topping up online but then still have to enter the code I'm sent after top up on my meter to be accepted tia

its a smart view 3
    Last edited by Sarahlou625; 25-01-24 at 21:44. Reason: Adding ihd type
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Sarahlou625

All the usual suggestions seem to very rarely work. You could disconnect the IHD from the mains and allow the battery to completely run down until it dies and then reconnect again. You are fortunate that you actually have an engineer appointment scheduled and are able to top-up in the meantime, albeit with a bit more hassle.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 44
    @Sarahlou625

The same thing happened with my gas meter a few months ago, but it's a credit meter, not a pre-payment one. It suddenly stopped connecting to the IHD, but about two weeks later, it miraculously started connecting with it again. The gas meter signalling seems very unpredictable, so yours might start communicating again out of the blue, like mine did.