How did I reduce my energy by 0%, when I was not even at home

• Tags for this Thread
  • dfs
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi all,

As probably most of you, I opted in for energy saving scheme #PowerSwitch on 01/12. With my wife we decided to actually not even be at home at the time as to make the most out of it.

We turned the heating and all the appliances off. We even turned as many plugs as possible off and such it was a great surprise to get my results back as "0% energy was saved".

What do you think happened here. Could this indicate a more concerning underlying issue with the smart meter? Do you think I should contact E.ON?

Thanks all in advance
  • 4 Replies

Level 92
    @Lef1234

What happened is that no-one knows exactly what's happening, and that seems to include E.On Next.

Did you unplug the microwave if it has a clock, fridges or freezers, any AV equipment, internet router? Laptop or phone chargers? That sort of thing? If you only usually have a low baseline load, those can make a difference.

The only way in most houses to turn everything off is to trip the main breaker.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 56
    What do you think happened here. Could this indicate a more concerning underlying issue with the smart meter? Do you think I should contact E.ON?

Thanks all in advance

Some of us think there is a big issue with how Eon Next have implemented these events.

I'm sure there are no issues with your meter.

Don't waste time contacting Eon Next until there is more definitive news.
    Level 91
    @Lef1234

It’s all been a bit of a joke this year. There are a few threads running on the issue where folks have been told things like they reduced by over 100% (is that even possible?) yet still failed. I took part in both events last week and have not had any results at all yet. Someone has recently posted that they got awarded £1.70 or something but gave no indication of what they consumed against their normal average usage (however that is worked out). We are all being kept in the dark and can’t work out how to verify if the scheme is working as it is supposed to.

You could download the Hildebrand Bright app to see your usage during the event but working out how they arrived at your normal average usage is the tricky bit. I used the same time slot of the previous 8 weekdays (excluding event days) but have no idea if that’s correct. I think I passed the last two events but who knows?

Anyway, welcome to the club of baffled participants 😂

There is an acknowledged problem with percentages, see links below...

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post43446

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post43451
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 04-12-23 at 11:48. Reason: Added a bit
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    Hey @Lef1234 👋

I know it's been a little while but did you manage to find the answer you were looking for?
    If you have any further questions we're here to help! 🤗
    Knowledge is power, community is strength, and positive attitude is everything 💜