Gas data not showing on IHD (multiple supplier install)

Level 6
    To set the scene. EON fitted a SMETS2 and supplied a smartview2 IHD which is working perfectly. However, EDF pressurised me into having a SMETS2 smart meter fitted (after being dumped on them by OFGEM) and despite now two meter digital readers are detected on the display but there's no data appearing for gas. I've been back and forth for over 12 months now with EDF and they've come up with every excuse under the sun. Their latest excuse is that because they were fitted by different suppliers two separate IHDs would be required (one display unit for gas and on unit for electricity). Is this true or are the still trying to fob me off. On agreeing to having the EDF SMETS2 smart meter fitted I was under the impression that they could be connected to a single display on the HAN on the already working EON SMETS2. EDF are the worst supplier under the sun and even had the nerve to try and charge me £50 for an IHD that has never worked!
  • 2 Replies

Level 92
    @brisinger

Why not change your gas to E.On Next on a dual fuel account? One bill, one account and every chance of getting one IHD to show both fuels?
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 6
    I've been trying to do that but EDF have been doing anything in their power to block me. I've even taken them to the Ombudsman but they were worse than useless. Because I took advantage of Next Loyalty Fixed v4 it comes up with you cannot renew yet.
    * SCREAMS IN FRUSTRATION *
    Last edited by brisinger; 22-11-23 at 16:50.