Difficulty communicating with Eon Next re App, Smart Meters, IHD - or is it just me!

Level 5
    Earlier this year Eon Next could only communicate with my electricity smart meter and not my gas one and my App was not showing correct usage data as a result. I eventually bit the bullet and emailed them about this on 07/08/2023, by which time the communication had switched to only being with my gas meter and not the electricity one - App problem still the same.
    I put all the data I thought they would need to fix this and photos of the meters into the email which I thought was written in clear and concise English and sent it hoping to get the issue fixed quickly.
    It is now 15/11/2023 my issues are still not fixed and judging by the email replies I’ve had (only received because I’ve kept emailing them asking for updates) the emails I’ve sent which I thought were clear and concise English must have transformed into a mix of Swahili and Egyptian Hieroglyphs, or something by the time Eon Next has read them. The replies I’ve had either bear no relation at all to what I’ve asked them to do or just state the various teams my issue has been sent to and that various forms have been filled in.
    Meanwhile nothing has been fixed - did get one week at the end of Sept where both meters were being communicated with and usage for both was on the app & meter readings were taken for the tariff change - but that didn’t last, quickly went back to gas usage data only for all of Oct except 3 days towards the end which have shown no data at all and have had no data at all showing for all of Nov so far. So now worse than when I started all this even though App and Online account no longer have pop ups showing stating that there are difficulties communicating with my meters.
    Don’t know why it’s so hard for them to get communication with both meters sorted which you think would then fix the usage data issue on the App and the fact my IHD only shows the correct tariff for my gas but not my electricity, or for them to communicate clearly with their customers - it’s not much to ask in this day and age after all.
    Sorry for all the offloading but just really needed to vent somewhere it would be understood and where someone might have some useful suggestions or be able to help me to get things moving / get my issues fixed. Everything will be very gratefully received and thanks for reading all this.
  • 3 Replies

Level 55
    Are Eon Next able to pull monthly meter reads automatically for monthly statements of are you having to read both meters yourself and manually submit each month?
    Level 5
    Hi Mailman, Currently Eon Next can automatically pull meter reads for monthly statements for my gas meter but not my electric - have to read and send that one myself. Although earlier in the year it was the other way around - they’d pull the electric one and I’d supply the gas one - so they have been able to pull both automatically just not at the same time except for that one week at the end of Sept when they pulled meter readings automatically from both meters for the tariff change.
    Level 5
    Update to my initial post in this thread - no more news from hi@eonnext.com in fact have heard nothing since their last email on 13/11/2023. So reactivated my Bright app to see what it shows - has data for gas but not electricity and according to the Bright App customer support team (who I emailed because App was having trouble setting itself up which they fixed no problem) my communications hub needs its Proxy Firmware updating by my supplier’s smart metering team and then data should flow ok. Don’t think I can bear adding this to the existing email conversation above as they seem confused enough and I feel it would add more trouble to an already very, very frustrating situation - so if anyone on here can help with getting any /all of the problems I’ve mentioned in this thread sorted out I would be very grateful, especially as it’s nearly meter reading time again and I don’t know if they’ll automatically pull one both or neither of them and I’ll have to manually supply whatever they don’t pull again!!! Many thanks in advance - here’s hoping to hear from you.