Useless customer service by Eon Next

View Tag Cloud
    Level 4
    I sent the email below to Eon Next's CEO and customer service and the complaints dept today

Good Afternoon
    It is now 23 weeks and 5 days (almost exactly six months !!!! ) since I first requested Eon Next repair the Eon Next owned storage heaters timer switch connected to my Eon Next owned electricity meter in my house.

It is also now 19 weeks and 2 days (nearly 5 months !! ) since I first requested Eon Next to repair a fault which had subsequently appeared with the Eon Next owned electricity meter in my house.

I have repeated ad nauseum in emails to you that this faulty equipment is not owned by me. It is owned by Eon Next, and the responsibility for maintaining this equipment rests entirely with Eon Next. As of today, 2nd October 2023, there is still no sign of either of these pieces of equipment being repaired or replaced.

I was eventually forced to complain to the Energy Ombudsman regarding these failures by Eon Next. I understand my MSP also wrote to the CEO on my behalf (Fat lot of good that seems to have done !) The Ombudsman found in my favour. (Their written decision issued on 20th September is attached.) The Ombudsman gave Eon Next a deadline of 28 days to repair/replace their faulty equipment in my house. The 28 days ran out yesterday, and funnily enough Eon Next have still failed to act.

For a major electricity supplier in a first world country this is stunningly poor customer service. Out of a scale of 1 to 10, this performance would clearly only rate a very negative number.

As you as a company seem to be ignoring me, the Energy Ombudsman and my MSP, I complained once again to the Energy Ombudsman and my MSP yesterday. As past experience suggests this will have little or no effect, I will now start requesting the UK media and other public organizations see if they can do something on my behalf to make you act, if only to advertise your failings to the public.

Also, if only to fill up your email inboxes, I shall now send you weekly emails giving the increasing tally of weeks/months I have been waiting for customer service. In two days I reach the 6 month milestone. 9 months does not seem impossible.

Eur. Ing. Geoff Westmoreland B.Sc., C.Eng., MRINA
    A customer failed by Eon Next

• 2 Replies

Level 5
    @Tullynessle It has been two months since we switched from Eon to a new provider and we are still waiting for our 1k+ deposit back.
    Horrible Customer Service, I am a Customer Service Director at a respected company and would never treat my customer in such a illegal way.
    Level 91
    @Tullynessle

You have started a new thread on essentially the same topic entitled complaint. This thread precedes the other one but got no responses till today.

Since the other thread is longer and has more information in it can we all use the other thread here:

Complaint - E.ON Next Community (eonnext.com)
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.