Thank you!

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    A big thank you to everyone who took time to look into my meter reading problem - result 🥳 it’s made my weekend - really!!! I can put my storage heaters on and not worry that I’m paying day rate 🎉

I just don’t trust these power companies they seem to have gone into collapse over the past couple of years.

My very elderly parents are having horrendous problems with EDF who cut their gas supply even though they were paying by D/D. They can’t even get my mum’s name right despite being told several times. It’s really hard for the elderly to cope with this IT.

Good luck everybody!

Name:  IMG_3821.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  86.3 KB
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 15-10-23 at 11:15.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Jem4

Glad you got it sorted. I see you are having issues with posting photos. I had similar problems and found I had to rotate my phone anti-clockwise to landscape to take the photo so that the image appeared in the post the right way up. I managed to post the photo straight from my phone but again had to rotate the phone to landscape to find the task bar with 'add image' icon above the reply box.

There's a thread here that deals with posting photos from a mobile that includes my own experiments although my photos seem to have disappeared once I deleted them from my phone 🤔
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 92
    @Jem4

From what I can infer, the standard default display that scrolls through the four screens shows total kWh consumption, which is simple enough if the meter is configured as single rate (non Economy 7). It shows total kWh recorded. Your initial post stated the display was showing 59 kWh, and your later photo shows 37.24 and 44.51 which adds up to 81.75. With electric heating and hot water, the difference of about 22kWh over a day or so sounds about right to me.

If you look at the standard display now, I would expect that figure of 59 to have gone up to the total of the two rates. If so, all is well in your world 👍

Also note that it's not just about heating or hot water. All electricity you use anywhere during the off-peak period is charged at the lower rate. When I had Economy 7, back in the day, and an old fashioned washing machine and tumble drier with electro-mechanical timer/program controls, I had plug in timers for both, so that I could load them up before bed, and they would then power up and do their thing when the timer kicked in. Not so easy these days with more modern appliances that need a button pressing to start them.

I was a bit of a night owl anyway and my adjoining neighbours were a way a lot, so I even did my hoovering after midnight to maximise the savings!

I'm not suggesting you have to stay up past the witching hour to do your laundry, but I know folks that do. A friend of mine even preps batch meals earlier in the evening and then only puts the oven on at off-peak rates. But he is a native Welshman, so even tighter than me and that's saying something 😉
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 15-10-23 at 12:22.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.