Can someone tell us why it cost 60 to 70 pounds aweek when there only 2 people in house

You don't say whether that is just electricity or both electricity and gas,

My average electricity consumption at the moment is around £3.50 a day including standing charges. That works out at about £25 a week. On top of that I have to add my heating oil costs for heating and hot water which work out at about £1.50 a day so that's about another £10 a week, for a total of £35 a week total energy cost.

If you have gas heating, then your heating costs will be around 30% higher and if you have electric heating and hot water, then around 150% higher.

So if I had all-electric heating and hot water, plus my general electricity costs, I would expect to be paying around £25-30 a week for heating and hot water so my energy costs (for two people) would be around £50-55 a week. If you have a PAYG meter, those costs will be higher because of the tariff. So, for me, £60-70 a week would be a little on the high side but not at all unrealistic. I'm generally pretty frugal and only heat my house to 16C. If you have the temperature higher than that, the costs will go up.

If you are on a PAYG meter, that needs top ups with a key, does your meter show any debt that you are paying back? That can increase your costs by a significant amount.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.