"Smart" meters & EV tariff

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    OK,I don`t understand why the meter is showing the wrong amount,and yet EON will know what to charge,why isn`t the meter correct in the first place ?
    Level 92
    OK,I don`t understand why the meter is showing the wrong amount,and yet EON will know what to charge,why isn`t the meter correct in the first place ?

For reasons as yet unexplained, there have been no end of problems with energy companies trying to push the correct tariffs to the meters. This is something they are looking into but at yet, they haven't resolved the source of the problem although I expect it lies with the communications company, the DCC.

Eon will know what to charge as it is they who have a record of your correct tariff. That is not a function of either the meter or the communications system. You have an agreed tariff with Eon, as shown on your monthly billing statements and they do the billing from that, not from what the meter is incorrectly saying.

The only information they require from the meter is the number or kWh used and when. That is a function of the meter and indeed it's primary purpose.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @Pete65

the information on the meter relating to prices is for information purposes only. The correct prices used for billing are held centrally and will be applied to the consumption readings from the meter.

At the moment information from this supplier is not getting through to customers meters, which is the root of the problem. In the meantime monitor you consumption derived from the meter(s).
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 3
    @Pete65 - as soon as one of us gets our first detailed bill I am sure we will be on here replying.

I am not concerned with the meter and IHD showing the wrong price, but I am concerned that they have not accounted for BST (and as we know the EON Next app does not). I did email support and was assured I would be billed 9.5p per kwh from midnight to 7am always. However don't have total faith yet until I see the bill
    Level 5
    Hi,I have been checking by monthly bills for this year,we`ve been charging the car since March,but only on the EV tariff for just over a month,the last month`s bill does show the separate amounts used for both tariffs,so I can see roughly what it`s costing,when I check how many times I`ve charged the car overnight.
    In August I charged the car 3 times,not full charges,as it takes longer than the 7 hours you get,but it cost me around £14 for 3 charging sessions,all 3 were different amounts of charge,probably on average 60-65%,so I reckon if I could do a full charge at the cheap rate it would cost about £6.
    Level 5
    @Pete65 Hi Pete,
    Am I right in saying you have had a monthly statement, with breakdown of Off Peak / Peak. I have been with them for 6 weeks. Still haven't received my monthly statement. They did give me a monthly Summary screenshot.
    When I first moved over, I was charging my EV at the wrong times. ( GMT/BST ) issue, If it wasn't for this forum & Bright, Loop & Hugo, I still would be. It's not really good enough that customer's can't get a breakdown of their bill, and have to use 3rd party Apps to confirm this.
    Level 92
    @snellijw

In your online account, the summary is provided as you say, but you can download the full PDF of your monthly itemised bill and that will have full information.

Name:  statements.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  25.7 KB

Just look under the Statements And Transactions page, click to tab from Statements to Transactions and you have the download links. These full pdf statements should also be sent via email too.

It's not very intuitive with no obvious tab, but just click or tap on the word Statements, and the purple underline will move to the right, the page will change and your links will show up.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 17-09-23 at 11:53.
    Level 5
    @Pete65 Hi Pete,
    Am I right in saying you have had a monthly statement, with breakdown of Off Peak / Peak. I have been with them for 6 weeks. Still haven't received my monthly statement. They did give me a monthly Summary screenshot.
    When I first moved over, I was charging my EV at the wrong times. ( GMT/BST ) issue, If it wasn't for this forum & Bright, Loop & Hugo, I still would be. It's not really good enough that customer's can't get a breakdown of their bill, and have to use 3rd party Apps to confirm this.
    Hi,as I said only been on the split tariff for a few weeks,so there`s only one full month with the new tariff on on it,found it in my account,click on the "Statements" tab,this is where you can see your monthly bills,on mine it now splits the 2 tariffs,so I can now see how much I`m spending on cahrging the car,as I don`t really use the `leccy for anything else at this time.
    The "Smart" is display is still utterly ****.
    Level 5
    @retrotecchie, That's the problem. they can't produce a statement. Have only had one statement, the 3 days I was on the variable. Help team, have been trying to resolve the problem!
    Level 29
    @retrotecchie, That's the problem. they can't produce a statement. Have only had one statement, the 3 days I was on the variable. Help team, have been trying to resolve the problem!
    Same here - I got a statement for gas & leccy for the 3 days on Next Flex, before moving to Drive

A month later the Gas statement was produced, but not an electric one (just checked online and still not there).

They have however managed to increase my D.D based on usage, which agreed with my calculations 👍

Only 9 days to go until the end of month 2, so will see if a statement appears then.