Only Electric smart reading being sent out

Level 1
    I have an old Npower Duet II and Valiant 2001-V smart meter at home. The Duet IHD shows all connections good and displays correct readings of both the actual gas and electric meters. Electricity usage gets sent to Eon ok but the gas stopped sending about 4 or 5 months ago (only just noticed…)

The Valiant unit is showing slow flashing HAN and WAN lights which explains the comms issue. I’m guessing that as my IHD is reading correctly there’s not much I can do other than wait for an update for Eon (they’ve responded to my initially email already and are looking into it).

Just seems odd that the meters are talking to the IHD but then only the electricity reading is only sending out. Any ideas from the collective wisdom..?
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @sticky

If the gas reading is reaching the comms unit (the IHD gets its data from there too) but not reaching you supplier then there is a fault between the DCC and your supplier. There is apparently a problem with the BOL which seems to be quoted as a bulk reading issue but with little explanation and no timescale for resolution. The usual line is put your readings in manually, and we'll not replace your meter because of this.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.